KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness, also known as double chin. The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is submental fullness?
- Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin,” is a common, yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance, leading to an older and heavier look.
- Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men, and can be caused by aging, genetics and weight gain.
What is KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection?
- KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA® is indicated for improvement in the appearance of
moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with
submental fat in adults.
The safe and effective use of KYBELLA® for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental region has not been established and is not recommended.
What are the side effects with KYBELLA® ?
- The safety profile of KYBELLA® is well-characterized. KYBELLA® has been the focus of a global clinical development program involving over 20 clinical studies with more than 2,600 patients worldwide, of which over 1,600 have been treated with KYBELLA® .
- The most common adverse reactions were edema/swelling, hematoma/bruising, pain, numbness, erythema and induration.
How many treatments will I need?
- You and your health care provider will customize your KYBELLA® treatment regimen, including how many treatments you need, based on your desired chin profile.
- Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 treatment sessions. During these sessions, your HCP will administer KYBELLA® into the fat under your chin using multiple injections. Up to 6 treatment sessions may be administered spaced no less than one month apart.
How long will the results last?
- When injected into the fat under your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After the aesthetic response is achieved, retreatment with KYBELLA® is not expected.
BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
Schedule your complimentary consultation online or call 305-674-3447 to schedule an appointment.